Finding Green Frog Rafting
The new Green Frog Office in Turrialba
Green Frog Rafting is based out of the lazy Costa RIcan town of Turrialba. Turrialba lies about two hours away from the main airport near San Jose and about an hour and a half from San Jose.
From San Jose to Turrialba (Main Road) -
Buses leave San José hourly for Turrialba between 5am and 10pm from Calle 13 between avenidas 6 and 8. The fare is $2.50.
If you're driving, take the road from Cartago to Paraíso, then through Juan Viñas, and on to Turrialba. It's pretty well marked.
Once there, you'll pass the bus station located in the left side right at the entrance of Turrialba. Keep going going through the main road, viring right at the gas station corner and then 3 blocks down take a left. At the next stop turn right and follow that road for about 1/4 mile. GFA office will be on your right hand side of the street.
From San Jose to Turrialba (Road through Pacayas) -
(There are no buses coming this road from San Jose.)
Start out heading toward the small town of Cot, on the road that goes to Irazú Volcano. When you see signs for the town of Pacayas turn there and follow this road on to Turrialba. Its another relatively well-marked route.
When you enter Turrialba, follow the road until you hit La Castellana Panadería (Bakery). Turn right and pass the Wagelia hotel and take your left. 3 blocks down take a left. At the next stop turn right and follow that road for about 1/4 mile. GFA office will be on your right hand side of the street.
From Siquirres to Turrialba-
When you enter the town of Siquirres, you'll find the soccer field on your left hand side. After the soccer field you turn left and there you will find another soccer field on your right hand side. Once there you'll see the bus station.
Buses run every hour from 5:30am to 6:00pm. The fare is about $2.00.
If your driving follow the old highway from Siquirres to Turrialba and San Jose (highway 10). This one is well marked as well. Once you enter Turrialba, continue driving and our office is located about 1/2 mile from the CATIE main entrance. GFA office will be at your left side of the street.
In Turrialba -
- Hotel Wagelia - One of the better places to stay in town.
- City Park - A central park in the middle of town is a good refrence point and place to see the world go by.
- Catholic Church - Across the street from the park the spire of the church is a good refrence point even from afar.
- La Garza Restaurant - Across the street from the park, this restaurant is one of the few that serves beer off a tap.
- Soda Popo's - The only place it town with simireliable wireless internet. This is Turrialba fast food. Mmmmm
- Gas Station - With only a few in town the gas station is a good landmark.
- Kardey Hotel
- Interamericano Hotel - Clean and affordable this central location is a good one for budget travelers.
- Supermarket Mega Super - Our favorite grocery store.
- Taxi Stop - If your looking for a taxi there will always be one lined up here.
- Post Office - Send a postcard?
- Gas Station
- Gas Station
- Betico Mata Restaurant - Best Bocas in town.
- Pharmacy - Our local favorite.
- Bus Station - A good place to know. Hourly busses to pretty much anywhere.